submit site | modify listing
Picasa Photo Software
Picasa free photo software by Google gives you the power to manage and share your images online and on your computer. Enhance your pictures with easy to use special effects.
Have lots of photos? Picasa organizes your pictures by date, so you can always find them.
Here's a look at Picasa photo software features:
- Organize- Photos in Picasa are automatically arranged by date.
- Sort Photos- Easily drag and drop images from one folder to another.
- Photo Fix- Crop, fix red eye, adjust the contrast and color, to enhance your digital images.
- Visual Effects- 12 special effects make it easy to give your photos a different look. For example, try your pictures in sepia, black and white or increase the photo saturation with handy slider controls.
- Rotate and Zoom In- Zoom in and improve composition on loose shots, Plus, straighten tilted pictures.
- Photo Captions- Your photos descriptions are stored using the IPTC Standard, so captions stay right with your photo when you use it on the web and when burning to a CD or DVD etc...
- Change Photo File Names- Change a picture’s filename from 234567b.jpg to yosemite_falls.jpg? With Picasa software, you can re-name one picture or a group of pictures.
- Create Photo Albums- Your pictures are grouped by keyword tags to form albums that you can share online with others or even show as slide shows and movies. Put a photo in as many albums as you want because Picasa creates only a new “occurrence” of each photo you tag without taking up more space on your computer.
- Ratings- Picasa incorporates a 5 Star rating system so that you can mark your favorite images, which helps you locate your best pictures fast.
- Photo EXIF Display- This window shows you the camera data that is stored in a picture's original file. All information including camera model, date the photo was taken, even if a flash was used is displayed.
- Easy Photo Backup- Picasa keeps track of which photos are backed up to CD or DVD and which ones haven't, so you can stay on top of your photo archive just in case. Click on the "Export" button and move images to an external storage device or memory card.
- Password Protected- Add password access to any of your Picassa photo collections.
Google developed Picasa for photo lovers! It's very easy to use and best of all it's free.
Picasa Photo Sharing
Now it's easy to put your pictures on the web. Just pick the photos you want to share and click to publish them. Create cool photo slide shows.
- Publish Photos on Blogger- Easy upload to blogger blogs with the convenient "BlogThis" button.
- email Pictures- No more frustrating guessing. Picasa automatically resizes and attaches pictures to email messages at sizes your friends will be able to open. Works with most email programs, including Google's Gmail.
- Online Photo Printing- Order prints online from your favorite printing service. Upload images directly to photo finishers and order prints, enlargements and photo gifts.
- Home Printing- Picasa saves you expensive printing paper by automatically resizing your digital photography for perfect printing every time.
- Get Creative- Make your own posters, collages, computer desktop picture or add several favorites into your screensaver rotation. Better yet turn your photos into a movie! Pick the shots, then adjust the delay time, dimensions, and video compression settings. Picasa will produce a movie, with title graphics and everything. Play it and share it.
- TiVo Compatible- Show your pictures on your television. Picasa’s automatic photo organizer exports your pictures to any TiVo Series2 DVR connected to a home network.